Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Favorite Pizza Dough for Oven and Grill

My Favorite Pizza Dough
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law. It works great in the oven and on the grill!

2 T. Yeast
2 cups of hot water
1 1/2 cups more of hot water
1/4 cup of honey
1 T. Salt
8 cups of flour

Mix yeast and add 2 cups of water in a large mixing bowl, and let sit for about 7 minutes. Add the honey, salt and 1 1/2 cups of water and mix until dissolved. Add the flour and mix for 5 more minutes. (This is easiest if you have a kitchen mixer!) Pour a generous amount of olive oil in 3 pizza pans and sprinkle with flour or cornmeal. Put a little bit of oil on your hands and flatten the dough into crusts. Spread sauce and toppings and cook at 475 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
If grilling I cook the dough on both sides for a minute and then add the sauce, cheese and toppings.
Enjoy!
~Rachel Richards :)

No comments:

Post a Comment